More than 100 million education background checks are performed each year by employers around the globe using third party education verification and background search companies. This is a huge figure which reveals that education is the most prominent factor in deciding an applicant's future.
Employers invest a lot of time and money in hiring and training new employees. As a result, they want to find out as much information as possible before committing to hiring an individual. Often, former employers and supervisors can provide most helpful information about a candidate and it contributes a lot in a current hiring company decision making.
But the problem is that many employers are reluctant to provide detailed references for former employees for fear of legal repercussions. Actually there is a defining line which can make an employer less reliable on reference checks and that is, education background check.
As education is considered to be the foremost factor of selecting a candidate for an appropriate position, it is also considered to be defining factor for an employer to rely on a candidate if his or her education is legitimate, as it has found in many cases that job applicants forge resumes by mentioning wrong dates of attending the school, and as the higher qualifications are becoming the criteria, many job candidates use forged or fake degrees to get the job.
These issues are very common these days, but they can be handled accurately by using education background checks services by professional education verification providers. Education verification is a very sensitive matter as well, because forged or fake degrees cannot be detected until it is verified and checked by a professional education background checks professional.
Primary source verification method is considered to be the best education background checks criteria used which ensures the accuracy and authentication of the provided transcripts/degrees/certifications or any other educational document of a prospective job candidate.
5 Things Every Employer wants to know about an Employee's Education:
- Any employer verifying education of a prospective candidate always want to know the schooling details, which university or school they have passed, what are the ratings of the university.
- Employers checks the accreditation of the university or school from where the degrees are obtained, because there are many universities reported which are not accredited from higher education boards of the country and also alleged in producing bogus degrees.
- Employers want to know the degree/diploma/certification authentication by checking the attending dates of the school and by referencing through the teachers and degree issuing authorities.
- Employer's wants to look into diploma mills directories as well to find out if the degree is obtained from such malicious business.
- Employer's verify the attestation details as well to get know that whether your credentials are attested by a right person, who is eligible to attest a document or not. This can also testify fake attestation threat.