Better Leaders Better Schools guest Eric Connor is a clinical therapist with advanced training in trauma resolution, sexual addiction and other compulsive behaviors. He seeks to use modern technology and evidence-based approaches to facilitate healing and growth. He has a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Chicago and earned his Masters degree in Counseling from National-Louis University. Eric is a CSAT therapist and is EMDR trained.
Eric believes that our brains and emotional selves will always seek healing and growth given the opportunity. The more we discover how this happens, the more effective and efficient therapy can be. He is a frequent speaker on the topics of shame, codependency and addiction.
Additionally, Eric coaches individuals looking to change career paths or find more rewarding work. As co-founder of Flank 5 Academy, he has helped dozens of people reevaluate their desires and goals in order to pursue compelling and meaningful vocations.
Despite his technical focus, Eric still believes that the relationship between therapist and client is of the utmost importance for effective counseling. He understands that love, trust and compassion are absolute prerequisites before any true transformation can be accomplished. Eric considers it a privilege to be a part of this process.
In this episode you will learn:
- how to develop self-awareness
- how to eradicate your shadow self
- the one question we all need to ask when “triggered"
- the importance of self-care and self-regulation
- why you should trust “that it will work out"
- intimacy is key to leadership
- the antidote to fear is community
- only ask people to do what you have already done or are willing to do
- why you need to connect at the heart
- top leaders do this - demonstrate presence and positive regard
- the importance of boundaries around social media and email
- why you should stop recording how you spend your time
or call Eric at 224-801-1700
Do you need accountability?
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Daniel wants to work with you
and help you accelerate
your leadership development
and increase your impact.
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
from The Better Leaders Better Schools Podcast: Leadership Insights | Principal Radio | School Administrator | Daniel Bauer http://ift.tt/261RbXu