TOMORROW! The Transformative Leadership Summit launches. Please, join me! Click HERE to register for Free Access to over 40 amazing education leaders who are ready to make your school the best ever! You don't want to miss any of these amazing interviews. They'll be online for 48 hours only! Get in here!
Rachel Yanof started the Phoenix Collegiate Academy with the express intent to get all the students to college. I hope you enjoy this interview, as I sure did.
- Set a huge goal so failure was not an option.
- The huge goal supported the day-to-day decisions.
- Pushed ourselves to see if we are on track.
- AP classes as freshman.
- Small School - individualized and small group instruction.
- Only inviting kids to Saturday school and after school who needed the specific skills.
- More time - 1 hour in school longer - if used well, can be a huge benefit for the students.
- NWEA MAP Assessment - research into college preparedness.
- 75th percentile is the goal.
- Saturday school - get as specific as possible while still managing numbers.
- Does cost extra money - spend the resources to make the maximum impact on our students.
- We know we need to offer X, we have the means to offer Y.
- Governing board sponsors teacher appreciation each month.
- Finding other ways to show teachers you appreciate them.
- Videos of kids thanking their teachers.
- Pay-for-performance fund
- Is this scalable?
- Haven’t figured out the challenge of hiring on mission in a larger setting.
- How to be a transformative principal? Find that thing that you’re willing to live and die for and then tell everyone!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
from Transformative Principal http://ift.tt/2aTuheX