Assistant Principal Dr. Amy Fast explores the responsibility of our schools to focus on the mission, not the mandates.
- Google Forms 6–8 questions
- Created statements based on national student Gallup poll
- teachers care
- connection to one staff member
- have friends
- I feel like I matter
- have you ever experienced discrimination?
- Would you report something bad that happened?
- Big changes around professional development
- what we do in schools has a lot more to do with mindset rather than skill set
- Simple ideas are the most profound
- Exit slips from teachers were more personal approaches
- Changing teachers’ mindsets
- What’s best for students is what’s best for teachers
- How to be a transformative Principal? Teachers need to feel like they matter and feel hopeful about their future. Give staff a voice and let them know on a daily basis how much they matter. Let’s not fill their cups because they need to be there for kids, but because they are human.
- email@example.com @fastcranny
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
from Transformative Principal http://ift.tt/2a7E843