Today I'm releasing a bonus episode ...
In my masterminds for school leaders we read an excellent leadership book each month and it bothers me that listeners miss the valuable insights from the books because I have limited availability in the masterminds.
So I decided to experiment ... in this show I share a few ideas around some impactful ideas from the book we read this July: Creativity, Inc.
- honesty vs candor
- how Pixar delivers feedback through the Braintrust
- what "good notes" are
- how Pixar's feedback system is different than yours
- Braintrusts and Masterminds
Thanks for listening!
Books mentioned in the episode:
KickUp: KickUp is a professional learning data analytics company that provides an easy-to-use platform to help school leaders optimize their PD resources and efforts by:
- Soliciting and synthesizing teacher input on PD needs
- Creating an intuitive, simple dashboard of needs so leaders can take immediate and informed action to support teachers
- Measuring and reporting on the impact of those efforts over time
Schools, districts, and charter networks leverage KickUp’s platform and consultative support to synthesize data so that all stakeholders--administrators, coaches, and teachers--can monitor progress, identify meaningful professional learning actions, and demonstrate and share impact.
Audbile: Try over 180,000 titles on any smart device or computer. I've downloaded and enjoyed books by Charles Duhigg, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk so far.
from The Better Leaders Better Schools Podcast: Leadership Insights | Principal Radio | School Administrator | Daniel Bauer http://ift.tt/2ar4Ogx